Should I choose a 2" or 3" Memory Foam mattress topper?
If your mattress is really firm (feels hard), is straight (no hammock effect), and is just not relieving your pressure points any more, then here is what we suggest:
CHOOSE A 2" TOPPER (most popular):
- If you weigh less than 250 lbs, a 2" topper will help relieve pressure points for all sleepers (side, back or stomach)
- If your mattress is generally comfortable, but is no longer giving you the soft cushiony feeling you like.
- If you prefer to have pressure relief while remaining on top of your mattress. (sleeps cooler)
CHOOSE A 3" TOPPER:
- If you weigh over 250 lbs, then a 3" topper will give you better pressure relief.
- If your a side sleeper and weight less than 250 lbs but enjoy sinking into the mattress & being wrapped and cradled by the foam. (sleeps warmer)
- If you really want the softest sleeping surface possible.
A Note on 4 inch toppers:
In our 20 year experience, we do not recommend 4 inch thick memory foam toppers, except in special cases were the person weights over 300lbs, or if you are going to place it on a hard foam mattress. A 4 inch topper, is too much foam for most applications, and may cause severe back problems, and makes rolling around in bed a chore.
Still not sure, email me your questions or call me, I will be happy to help you make the right choice!